Saturday 23 May 2015

Products I Want To Try ~ Revisited

On a blogging roll....

So back in January this year, I decided to write a little list of products I wanted to try through the year.

Five months on I decided to revisit this list and look at which of those products I had tried...and hey why not make it into a blog post?

So here it is, my original list, its progress five months on and a mini review of the products I have tried. Enjoy.....

 My original list consisted of:

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Rimmel Wake Me Up Line
Collection Does It All Mascara
Topshop Lipsticks
Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara
Revlon Colour Stain Moisture Stay Lip Gloss
Sleek Lip Liners
The Original Naked Pallette
Zoeve Make-up Brushes
Tanya Burr Lipgloss

So as you can see I've only managed to try out three of my original list, for no particular reason apart from every time I go to buy new make-up I forget I have this list!
Collection - Does It All Mascara

I wear: Ultra Black, Waterproof
Price: £4.99

Everyone and their dog will have heard about the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer by now, but a product which I don't think gets enough hype is their Does It All Mascara.

As a huge fan of the concealer, when I heard good reviews about this mascara I just had to try it out. Needless to say it did not disappoint, I would definitely recommend this to those people who prefer to use mascaras which give you a more dramatic eyelash look because this isn't a very natural product.

As a heavy eye-make up wearer, this is a perfect 'budget' mascara which you can get hold of really easily in the UK. It also comes in a non-waterproof formula if that is what you prefer, but when a mascara of this quality retails at £4.99 there would be no reason for you not to try it out!

Rimmel London - Wake Me Up Concealer

I wear: Ivory
Price: £5.49

This is another product which has been raved about by every beauty fanatic on the internet, but personally I would describe it as average. Generally I prefer concealers which have a higher coverage (like the Collection Lasting Perfection) and this one didn't really have as high coverage as I would like.

One of my skin issues is having frequent breakouts, I didn't feel comfortable using this to cover the problem areas purely because its quite a brightening concealer and so would probably attract the eye to the area I was trying to cover. But I do feel it is a nice concealer for under the eyes.

Rimmel London  - Match Perfection Foundation

I wear: 100 Ivory
Price: £6.99

I have always been a huge lover of Rimmel foundations and this one was no different, I tend to switch up between this foundation and a Maybelline BB Cream on a day to day basis, but the Rimmel foundation is one I would definitely buy again.

Its affordable and generally a lovely consistency to buff into my skin. I find it has a fairly dewy finish and so I always set it with a translucent powder but all round a perfect foundation for those on a budget.

Thank you so much for reading and as always comments and suggestions are always welcomed! 
Let me know any products you want to try out, or if you have any opinions on products mentioned in this post!
Until next time, Adios Amigos! 


Beth x


6 comments:

  1. I really want to try that foundation, it sounds really good. I agree with the concealer being to brightening for blemishes it's very light reflecting!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still completely in love with my Collection concealer! Although open to opinions for any other high coverage ones! xx

      Delete
  2. that concealer sounds like a good one
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using that foundation for months and I love it! Thinking of re-purchasing it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, but tend to switch day to day between this one and a BB cream from Maybelline!

      Beth x

      Delete