Sunday 19 April 2015

Food For Thought

Currently I am:
  • Attempting to do an A Level Maths paper (attempting being the key word)
  • Writing this Blog post
  • Scrolling through my Twitter feed
  • Watching the Saccone Joly's latest Daily Vlog 
  • In between listening to All Time Low - Therapy on repeat (pretty sure this is the 6th time?)
In other news, my sister threw a spider down my shirt yesterday. Terrifying

I wasn't actually planning on writing today as I have so much school work to do and for me that takes priority over most things at the moment.

I was actually inspired to write this though after I saw a tweet which really got me thinking about a controversial topic in our world today. 


I imagine that the majority of you reading this will have heard of Caspar Lee, but if not he is a South African internet personality who is most famous for his You Tube channel.
I was particularly inspired to write this post as a result of the second part of his tweet.

'borders are man made. We're all from the same place.'

I could not agree more, I am a strong believer that racism, discrimination, homophobia and anything else like that which categorizes people and makes them feel less than they should do is completely wrong. 

Just think about it like this, it doesn't matter whether you are White, Black, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, French, English, American, Chinese. It doesn't matter if you're homosexual or heterosexual. 

Everyone is the same.

Were all humans and why should people be treated differently because of their religion, beliefs, feelings, skin colour, lifestyle etc. 

Going back to Caspar's tweet, borders are man made. In reality they aren't even there, there is no physical line to determine what separates one type of person from another, why should you dislike someone purely because they live in a different country? There is absolutely no need.

I am in no way an expert on any of this and these are my own views. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there will be people who disagree with me. 

I wanted this blog to be somewhere I could express my personal views and opinions, to physically write about what I am thinking because I find this helps if I have something on my mind. That is why I felt it was necessary to write this post today.

This was a post intended to make people think and express my current thoughts. I am not trying to cause a debate or argument.

Thank you so much for reading and as always comments and suggestions are always welcomed! Until next time, Adios Amigos! 

Beth x




2 comments:

  1. def food for thought, the spider incident does sound terrifying!

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete