Wednesday 11 February 2015

Dry Shampoo ~ Product Review

Hello once again and welcome back,

Quick little post today, with short reviews on recent purchases from the world of dry shampoo. Let me just start off by saying, I cannot live without dry shampoo! Not only do I use it when I really just can't be bothered to wash my hair but I will use it most days just to make my hair smell and look better.

I wanted to review two particular products, one is awesome. The other, well in my opinion...not so great. Before you read on take a guess which you think I prefer and leave a comment below!

Fudge Urban Crisp Pear and Sweet Vanilla Dry Shampoo

Okay, in all honesty I was drawn to this product in Superdrug for three main reasons: firstly, the scent sounds amazing, secondly the packaging is also incredible and thirdy it was on offer the day I was in there. Win Win Win!
I was so excited to try this product out that I tested it out as soon as I got home, the results though. Well. Not so great. (Bet you didn't see that one coming!)
I was so surprised because I had heard great things about this brand and was looking forward to finally trying one of their products, also considering the usual retail price for this is £5.99 (200ml bottle), you would expect it to be of a better quality!
The main reason why I really didn't get on well with this product was that it really made my hair feel disgusting, once I had used it my hair felt like straw and it had lots of powdery residue in it. Luckily I have blonde hair so you couldn't really see any powder, but when I wore a hair bobble and took it out it was covered in the white powder of the dry shampoo.
So for all you dark haired ladies out there, you may want to steer clear of this as it leaves a ton of white powder in your hair, although it still smells incredible!

COLAB Dry Shampoo Tokyo

I'm presuming that many of you reading this will have heard of Ruth Crilly from 'A Model Recommends', well this is her product line which I believe was launched last year maybe? (Don't quote me on that!) 
I had been wanting to try it for ages after hearing such good things about it and well my dreams came true when my lovely best friend Jess (you better go and check out her blog here :) ) bought me a bottle for my birthday.
Okay, no word of a lie. This has taken top spot in my dry shampoo list, it has completely knocked Batiste out of the league and we have a new winner!
Firstly, it smells so so so good and the scent lasts in my hair all day! It also doesn't leave any residue at all, yet still gives me a ton of volume once I have massaged it in a little. Also at the price of £3.50 for a 200ml bottle you seriously cannot go wrong!

I would love to hear of any recommendations or thoughts on these products if you have tried them yourself. Thank you so much for reading! Until next time, Adios Amigos! 

Love Beth x



1 comment:

  1. I'm using 2 different dry shampoos, I need to review them too. Haven't ever tried these though, will look into getting them next time.

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now
    '100 Questions With Meme//Tag'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete