Sunday 9 November 2014

I'm An Odd Sock Wearer ~ Lifestyle

Hey Odd Socks,

So, I am aware that the title of this post is slightly weird one. But I suppose it really does relect the whole idea and concept of this post.

One of the aims of my blog was to give some form of 'advice' to those who read it. (*Disclaimer*  I am in no way, shape or form an expert on this)

Now, I actually take the title of this post literally on a daily basis. Generally I wear odd socks more often than I wear matching ones...why? Well why not.

Why not? That is two little words and eight letters worth of genius. So now, you probably are thinking (If you haven't given up reading) 'This girl is a nutter, what is she on about?'

So, what is it like to be an odd socks wearer? Well for me this means I care less and less about what people think about me. I do what I want, instead of what is the 'normal' thing to do or pretending to be something I'm not.  

If someone is rude to me or judging me, I take the 'I don't give two sh*ts attitude' because they're probably just insecure themselves and I feel sorry for them rather than being offended. I won't take it to heart, I won't feel upset by it. I wont let it affect me. 

Another example is meeting new people, now my closest friends know what I'm like. But those who don't, well, lets just say they were always in for a treat when I felt comfortable around them!

Even with some of my closest friends, I felt like I couldn't be myself around them. I couldn't be me. If I did, sometimes they would give me a weird look and I know they were judging me.

Why should it be that way? The answer. It shouldn't.

So how has it changed? Well now, I am myself, I'm not what everyone else thinks I should be like. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. 

I am a huge Disney freak, I LOVE IT SO MUCH, I have the album which has four CD's full of the songs from the films and I will quite happily sit and watch a Disney film in a regular basis. (See obsessed!) I will now quite happily sit in the common room at school playing the music out loud. I mean the other day in my driving lesson I was singing 'I wanna be like you' (from the Jungle Book) with my driving instructor, why? WELL WHY NOT?

I act exactly how I want to act, whether that's pulling pranks on my friends, listening to the music I like full blast in the kitchen of sixth form, wearing the clothes I want to wear and feel comfortable in, crying and laughing uncontrollably with my best friend even if the cute guy I fancy is watching. Even if that's wearing Odd Socks.


Hope you enjoyed reading this post, comment any suggestions for future posts. Or even comment your own thoughts on this topic, I will read and reply to all of them. 

Love Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment