Wednesday 12 November 2014

My Hair ~ A Curse Or A Blessing


Hi. My name's Beth and I have insane hair.

Another cheeky mid-week post, coming your way...NOW :)

Anyone who knows me in person, or who has met me before undoubtedly will know me for my hair I have more times than I care to remember been referred to as 'the one with curly hair'

But, without a doubt the two questions I get asked ALL THE TIME are..

Do you like your hair? & Is it natural?

In answer to the first, yes. I do like my hair although on occasions it becomes RIDICULOUS to manage and looks like a birds nest.

In answer to the second, yes. 'Baby I was born this way'

Sometimes though, I do laugh when people ask if my hair is natural...like seriously think about it. Do you think I have the time to curl each individual piece every morning?
No. No I don't.

It was funny because I was at work the other day and one of the customers started randomly talking to me about my hair. I won't lie, my hair does get me a great deal of attention, but I was wearing french plaits so how she knew I had curly hair I will never know!

The point of mentioning this woman and kind of the whole point of the post is to make those of you who don't have curly hair aware that curly hair is in no way, shape or form the 'easy way out' or is 'easy to manage' its not!

The only thing that is a bonus about curly hair is that in the mornings I can shower, brush my hair and then leave it to dry and it will dry exactly how you see it in the pictures. I don't necessarily use any 'fancy' products just a detangling spray and some kind of hair oil, but that is only because generally my hair can get quite dry and knotty.

Now I also wanted to mention the fact that, its not easy having curly hair.(well it's okay now, but it wasn't) Not at all. When I was younger, I was bullied pretty badly for a large period of my life. It's so stupid because I was bullied because I had curly hair, back then I wasn't considered 'normal' by the other girls because I didn't have long hair like them. In fact I had the complete opposite, my hair was extremely short and curly, (I basically looked like a boy) I couldn't plait my hair, I couldn't tie it up in pretty ribbons or have different hairstyles because it was too short.

That's me on the left at the age of seven, the curly hair has been around from the start.

So things to take away from this post:

Number One - If you have curly hair, then be thankful. Don't hate it, but don't worry I do understand what its like.

Number Two - To anyone who enjoys taking the p*ss out of people with curly hair, don't. 

Number Three - Embrace your hair no matter what it's like 


Thanks for reading guys :) 

Love Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment