Friday 31 October 2014

Outfit Of The Night ~ Halloween '14

Happy Halloween Fools 

Thought I would do a slightly different OOTN post for you, I recently went to a Halloween Party at one of my closest friends houses and I was pretty impressed with my costume...so why not share it with you guys?!?

The 'party' was a Sixth Form bonding session really, (for those of you who don't know, Sixth Form is a term used in England for the final two years of school before University), the dress code being 'fancy dress' of course.

Now, I didn't fancy doing the standard black cat costume (yes we've all been there and done that!) so instead, I went for the slightly more creepy but still fairly normal choice of a doll outfit.


To create this look, I decided to focus on my make-up rather than the outfit I was actually wearing.

I used fake eyelashes as well as some black out contacts both of which I ordered online for a reasonable price! 

For all of the other make-up I just used some eye-shadow  I already had to create a dark smokey eye look. A white pencil eyeliner on my waterline and below it to create the effect of wider 'doll eyes' and a dark lipstick. All of the 'stitches' on my face and neck I drew on using a black liquid eye liner.

 To get some inspiration for this look I watched many You Tube videos of 'Creepy Doll Make-Up' before I did my own, but the end result was my own version of those I had watched previously. 

For my outfit I wore a pirates dress I already had at home as well as some black over the knee socks and black wedges (side note: my feet have been basically destroyed after wearing the wedges for the whole night, but hey, no pain no gain!)

I hope anyone reading enjoyed this post, and if anyone else would like to share their own Halloween costumes then leave a picture or link in the comments and I will be sure to check them out!!

Love Beth x





4 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks amazing! Very creepy. I hope you had a fantastic time!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how put together this outfit is! Your hair is absolutely stunning too!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thank you. Believe me it was a last minute decision on outfit! Thank You, not sure whether I was cursed or blessed with curly hair!!! x

      Delete