Sunday 14 December 2014

What a let down ~ Product Review

I'm pretty sure that every single one of you reading this has either tried or heard of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Its a beauty favourite in the blogging/vlogging world...and I have to say I have also fallen into the trap of being obsessed with it. Its incredible and I don't see how I could live without it.

Unfortunately though..I can't say the same thing for the foundation version of the concealer, when I ran out of my current foundation (Rimmel Lasting Finish - which I love!) I decided to give the collection foundation a try..I loved the concealer, why not? It seemed obvious!

I was so disappointed with this product for a number of reasons, firstly I found it really difficult to apply, it is a very watery foundation. One layer of it would simply soak straight into my skin making no difference to my natural skin, but once you applied a second it would go extremely cakey and look very orange. The one time I did wear this foundation all day, it felt cakey on my face all day and this sounds ridiculous but I could feel like I was wearing foundation. I knew it was there and it just made me feel uncomfortable.
Lasting Perfection Foundation - £5.99 - Shade 2 Ivory
Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19 - Shade 1 Fair

So yes, not very impressed with this product. Which is extremely weird as the concealer is a staple product for me!

I would love to hear if any of you have tried this product and what you think about it, also if anyone has any foundation recommendations that would be amazing! So please leave me a comment!

Love Beth x


No comments:

Post a Comment