Sunday 11 January 2015

It's Okay To Move On ~ Lifestyle

Right, I have a slight issue to address here guys. An issue on my behalf at least, it's been bugging me for a few days and I feel I want to get it out in the open and physically write down exactly what I am feeling about a particular topic. Now, if this turns into a slight rant, apologies in advance, also these are my own personal views, I understand that some people may disagree with me and that is absolutely fine, I respect that.

So...Friendship.

So as you may or may not know, I will be turning 18 on the 22nd of January (I am aware I still look 14), so over my 18 years of life I have had many a friendship with various people. Some friends have come and gone, whilst others have stuck round for a long time. Each one of these friendships have obviously impacted on my life in positive ways and for that I am grateful. 

As time moves on, naturally people grow up, move on with their lives and do new things. New friendships are formed, this is what happens in life, it should be accepted and its basically just the Circle of Life.(I am listening to Disney as we speak, I have absolutely no shame!)

Over the past year I have been extremely fortunate to have formed some new friendships (which I wrote about in my 2014 Summary Post) with a group of people I am extremely thankful to have in my life, but as I have new moved on in my life and formed these new friendships, it has obviously been affecting some of my older friends. Maybe its a touch of jealously, or just not being able to accept the fact that people do move on. I don't know completely but unfortunately, I can feel there will become an issue in the near future between myself and a few of my friends. Can I just make it clear that I have in no way changed the way I act towards my old friends or pushed them away, it is solely just that now I have a new friendship group as well as my existing one.

My honest opinion on this is that, its completely okay to have different groups of friends, in fact its incredible to be blessed with many groups of friends and people that you know. To push it even further I would say it was unhealthy to be constantly surrounded by the same group of friends, even if these are your closest ever friends because eventually everyone will move on in their lives and if you haven't ever really spent time with other people you will suffer because of that when you move on. 

I have always lived by the principle that I see my 'school friends' every single day at school, I basically spend all day, five days a week with them. This is a lovely thing and I am blessed to have such a great group of school friends, but when it comes to a weekend and my own free time out of school I want to spend that time with my other friends. These are the people I don't spend every day with, these are the people I see less frequently, as much as a love my school friends, it would be suffocating to then spend my weekends with them too. Obviously I still enjoy seeing my school friends outside of school but um, I don't know. Do you understand where I'm coming from and what I'm saying?

Personally I see myself as a social butterfly, I love meeting new people, I never really shut up, I enjoy spending time around new people and in all honesty, I get on with most people I meet. You basically have to be a complete a***hole for me to not to like you, my dad is exactly like this too so that's where I get it from. 

What's the point I'm trying to make here...well. Just because I'm not spending 24/7 with you, just because we don't speak as much as we used to, just because I have new friends that I enjoy spending with, does not mean I won't be there for you. It doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore. It doesn't mean I've moved on and forgotten about you. Because I will be there for absolutely every single one of my friends if they ever need me, some people need to understand that and respect the fact that people are allowed to have more than one friend. 


Hope you enjoyed this slightly different post, I'm happy to write other posts like this on a number of different topics. So please leave me a comment to let me know what I could write about next, once again these thoughts are my own and are not designed to offend people who may read this. Everyone has different views and opinions.

Love Beth x


No comments:

Post a Comment