Sunday 18 January 2015

Little Black Dress ~ January '15

And, I'm back. Once again with my favourite style of post! (Bet you didn't see that one coming)

Today I wanted to talk a little bit about a staple item in every girl's wardrobe ~ The Little Black Dress. But, I didn't want to do what I normally do and just post as an OOTN, instead I decided to share some of my black dresses, and personally how I style them.

Currently, I own three black dresses, all three having completely different cuts and styles. 

1. Black Body-Con Midi Dress
The first is one I wore at New Year, (back in 2014, so the most recent New Year, thought I should clear that up), this one is extremely plain. It has absolutely no detailing, it is sleeveless and has a higher neck than any of the other dresses I have worn, but it is also quite long compared to many of my dresses. (I am quite short, so it probably wouldn't be this long on most people)
So with this dress I wore a pair of tan and pink block heels which were a birthday present from a friend a couple of years ago and also my favourite necklace of the moment which I got for Christmas this year. I don't really do 'dressy' so for me this is a compromise as the dress is casual and comfy, but I think the necklace and shoes dress it up a bit more.

I also wanted to mention the outfit the lovely girl beside me is wearing, it leads on nicely to the next dress I currently own...

2. The Black Lace Dress
So, as I was saying. The lovely girl beside me is Jess from the Blog Indecisive Jess, (if that wasn't a big enough hint, then go and check out her blog!), she's one of my closest friends who I actually know in person rather than just being 'internet buddies.' I think that everyone here would agree that her dress is simply stunning and she looks lovely!

Myself as well as two of the other girls who also attended the 'party' on the evening, had been having a heated discussion/argument prior to the event about who should wear their black lace dress (we all have nearly identical ones) and we all wanted to wear them. It ended in the agreement that none of us would wear them, so when Jess turned up wearing this dress I had a little chuckle to myself.

So, I've had my black lace dress for quite a while now and it is SO handy and I have worn it on numerous occasions. I can't actually find any pictures of me wearing it, but I will insert a link to one which is extremely similar right here.


3. The Black Peplum
The third and final dress I wanted to talk about is a black peplum dress I bought two years ago for my friends 18th Birthday party, once again this dress has served me well and I've also managed to work out a second way of wearing it!

This second way is pretty nifty to be honest, I was proud when I discovered it! If I tuck the skirt part into a pair of jeans it looks like a peplum top and so two looks from one dress....Bonus!
The photo on the left was taken two years ago, hence why I look slightly different. The right is me wearing the dress as a top. See multi-purpose!


Thank you once again to everyone who reads my blog, let me know what you think of this post and please leave and suggestions and thoughts in the comments below.

Love Beth x





2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the last dress! I do that with playsuits if I like the top bit of them.
    Black is slimming so I am a big fan of black dresses!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing. I love what you did with the dress.
    http://aryasblg.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete